APPLICATION FOR EDUCATIONAL GRANTS
Applications from healthcare professionals for sponsorship to attend the PASCAR, SA Heart & AfricaPCR 2019 Congress are invited for the purpose of creating a database of interested parties and potential candidates should third party grant funding become available. Completing and submitting this online application does not offer the applicant any guarantee of success or entitlement to sponsorship, even if the criteria listed below is met.
CRITERIA FOR THE SELECTION OF GRANT RECIPIENTS
- The applicant’s area of practice / expertise must be directly related to the professional areas represented by the objectives of the PASCAR, SA Heart & AfricaPCR 2019 Congress.
- The applicant should not have received regular and recent funding to any of the congresses in question. It is intended that grants should be rotated to benefit as many individuals as possible.
In addition, preference may be given to:
- Young practitioners and developing practitioners.
- Those fulfilling roles as educators.
- Those from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Those from more remote geographic locations e.g. rural areas and inaccessible locations.
- Gender may be used as an additional criteria.
Restricted grants offered by industry might have separate or additional criteria that are stipulated by the sponsoring company and those handling the sponsorships from PASCAR, SA Heart & AfricaPCR together with EOA are obliged to honour all such specifications when allocating grants.