Take the opportunity to share your experiences with the African cardiovascular community. Submit your most interesting clinical case, most educational complication or best tips & tricks!
Selected cases will be presented in the Main and Interactive Case Corner Sessions where authors are invited to exchange views with colleagues on a wide variety of topics in a relaxed and friendly environment and with guidance from on-site facilitators.
Submissions are open to all in the cardiovascular community!
CASE SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
- Coronary Interventions
- Interventions for Valvular Disease
- Heart Failure
- Peripheral Interventions
- Interventions for Hypertension
- Structural interventions
Please note that submitting a case implies your agreement to it being presented at AfricaPCR 2019 and broadcast on PCRonline. Participants are invited to submit original clinical cases according to the following guidelines:
- Clinical case presentations must be submitted electronically by means of the dedicated website. Presentations sent by email will not be accepted.
- Case presentations must be formatted to Oxford English.
- Please click on the red link provided at the top of the page to download the official PowerPoint template that should be used.
- Only .ppt, .pps, .pptx and .ppsx formats are accepted.
- Your presentation must include a maximum of 8 slides and feature fixed images only (no videos).
- The presentation title must not include any trade names (these may, however, be used in the content of your slides).
- No patient, author or institution names should feature in any part of the presentation.
- Please use lower case for the title and text content of your case (capital letters should be used only at the beginning of a sentence, for officially-approved abbreviations and of course for proper nouns). The only accepted abbreviations are as follows: ACS, ASD, BRS, CABG, CT, CTO, DAPT, DEB, DES, FFR, iFR, IMA/LIMA/RIMA, LAA, MRI, NSTE-ACS, NSTEMI, OCT, PCI, PFO, STEMI, SVG, TAVI, TIMI and VSD: all other words must be written in full. Please also pay attention to spelling.
- Failure to comply with the above guidelines will disqualify your submission.
- Once the closing date has passed you will not be able to modify your presentation.
- Call for cases Opens: 15 February 2019
- Submission Deadline: 31 July 2019
- Notification to authors regarding acceptance: 31 August 2019
Evaluation of submissions will be based on quality, clarity, relevance and educational value for the audience. The selection of submitted clinical cases will be blind without access to the authors' name, institution or country.
INVITATION | NOTIFICATION
Results will be available online by 04 August 2019. All authors are requested to connect to their account to see the Committee’s decision. Authors whose submissions are accepted will receive a subsequent official invitation from the Organising Committee, which will give full details of the timeslot of their intervention. Selected authors will have the opportunity of uploading a new version of their case, with video files, for presentation at the Course.
All selected authors must register for AfricaPCR 2019 at the early bird rate.
Abstract presenters will not be granted Guest Faculty registration or any special/discounted registration fee for AfricaPCR.
Transport and accommodation will also remain their own responsibility.
CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
- Enter your email address. This will be used to log into your personal account each time you visit the dedicated website. 'Next'.
- Create your password. 'Next'.
- Enter your personal information. All boxes highlighted in bold are compulsory. 'Next'.
- A summary of your account information will appear on the screen. To finalise the procedure, please be sure to click on 'Create account' otherwise all previously entered details will be lost.
For future connections to the submission website, enter using the above 'Welcome' tab.
If you encounter technical problems or have any queries regarding the scientific programme, please contact the AfricaPCR Scientific Programme Coordinator, Claire Jettke, email@example.com