Abstract Submission Deadline: Sunday, 3 June 2018
The Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for oral or poster presentation (please indicate your preference). Authors are requested to follow the instructions clearly.
Maximum of 300 words in MS Word. Page set up with A4 margins, top, bottom, Font: Arial 10pt. No graphs, diagrams, figures or tables permitted. Language: English
Abstracts must contain:
- The names of all authors (first name and surname)
- Affiliations of all authors
- E-mail address of the corresponding author
- Contact address
- Contact telephone number
- The title must define the topic, be concise (excessively long titles may be shortened at the discretion of the organising committee) and contain no abbreviations
- The text should cover the background/hypothesis, methods, results and conclusions. An adequate description of the methods and results are a prerequisite to be considered. Abstracts must contain results.
- In the text only standard abbreviations need not be defined. Non-standard abbreviations and acronyms must be defined on first use.
Abstracts received after the cut-off date; incomplete abstracts; abstracts without affiliations of all authors, abstracts without full contact details; abstracts in excess of 300 words and abstracts containing figures or tables will not be published.
Categories for Submission:
- Adult cardiology
- Basic Sciences
- Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Valvular heart disease
Provision has been made for Poster presentations. Note: All visuals shown must have informed consent. Speakers must declare conflict of interest before starting their presentations.
Kindly divide your abstract according to the following headings:
Background, Method, Result & Conclusion
Abstracts not conforming to this format will be returned.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee who reserves the right to accept and allocate abstracts for either poster or oral presentation. Presenters will be notified by to be advised if their abstract has been accepted. All presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered as congress delegates. Early registration fee will apply.
Abstracts will be published in the SA Heart Journal. The final decision regarding acceptance of the abstract for publication rests with the Editors of the Journal
*NOTE: The abstract book will be available digitally in the SA Heart Journal on the SA Heart website. Should you wish to order a hard copy, it is essential to order and pay for this upfront at time of registration.
The official language of the conference is English. There will be selected oral presentations.
Accepted posters will be displayed throughout the Congress. Posters should measure 95cm (width) and approximately 1.5m (height). Full details for preparation of posters will be included in the abstract acceptance letter.